At Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) (UDC), we’re changing the way people see the world.
If you’re reading this on a smartphone, there’s a good chance UDC’s materials are producing the light and color shining from your screen right now. UDC’s OLED ingredients are key parts of stunning, energy-efficient displays used in everything from smartwatches to phones, tablets, laptops, monitors, TVs and automobiles. Virtually every OLED consumer electronics product around the world uses UDC’s phosphorescent OLED materials and technologies.
UDC is a publicly traded company and pioneer in the OLED industry. When you join our global team, you are embarking on a journey at the forefront of display technology and organic electronics that impacts the daily lives of people around the world. From engineers to chemists, Ph.D. scientists, technicians, lawyers and more, our UDC team is continuously advancing our field. With a focus on energy efficiency, UDC’s team is contributing to making a better, more sustainable planet. Please visit us at www.oled.com.
As a member of UDC’s Chemical Business, this position will work closely with UDC’s HQ team, UDC’s contract manufacturing partner (PPG), and other UDC subsidiaries in the development and manufacture of UDC’s OLED materials in a fast-paced, non-GMP environment. Responsibilities include technical process transfer, new process documentation, manufacturing timelines, and continuous improvement.
- Develop processes for new laboratory/manufacturing operations
- Responsible for process transfer and scale-up support and analysis.
- Promote and facilitate the improvement of production processes and operations to continually improve overall EHS, Quality and business performance and compliance.
- Manage material supply planning to ensure uninterrupted customer demand expectations.
- Responsible for documentation to ensure on time and quality delivery of products
- Provide input into product costing and identify cost improvement opportunities
- Understand and influence a wide range of stakeholders; collaborate effectively across external customers and internal functional teams and business units to generate strong engagement and passionate advocates
- Promote collaboration and develop relationships with UDC’s manufacturing partner (PPG)
- Champion implementation of manufacturing process improvements to meet quality/business objectives
- Proactively identify and escalate risks to relevant stakeholders, and with guidance, lead development and execution of mitigation or contingency planning
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Bachelors in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience Experience in Synthetic Organic Chemistry in Fine Chemicals or APIs and their intermediates.
- Experience in Process Development, Scale-up, and Technical Process transfer of chemical products
- Lean manufacturing/six sigma/statistical analysis ; Six Sigma Green Belt a plus
- High emotional intelligence
- Problem solving and root cause analysis industry experience
- Experience with ERP system (SAP is a plus)
- Ability to work within a team environment in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Based in Ewing, NJ
- Travel required up to 25% of time, including internationally to UDC and PPG facilities
Current Benefits at UDC:
- Competitive base salary and annual bonus program
- Medical/Prescription Drug coverage, Dental, and Vision for employees and family
- Transit, Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) – An employer-paid benefit to reimburse a portion of employees’ eligible out-of-pocket medical expenses, such as deductibles, coinsurance, and pharmacy expenses
- Group Term Life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability benefits for employees
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 401(k) company contribution
- Ewing Worldwide Headquarters (HQ) cafeteria provides breakfast and lunch to employees at no cost to them
- Annual charitable matching gift
- Generous Paid Time Off