At Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) (UDC), we’re changing the way people see the world.
If you’re reading this on a smartphone, there’s a good chance UDC’s materials are producing the light and color shining from your screen right now. UDC’s OLED ingredients are key parts of stunning, energy-efficient displays used in everything from smartwatches to phones, tablets, laptops, monitors, TVs and automobiles. Virtually every OLED consumer electronics product around the world uses UDC’s phosphorescent OLED materials and technologies.
UDC is a publicly traded company and pioneer in the OLED industry. When you join our global team, you are embarking on a journey at the forefront of display technology and organic electronics that impacts the daily lives of people around the world. From engineers to chemists, Ph.D. scientists, technicians, lawyers and more, our UDC team is continuously advancing our field. With a focus on energy efficiency, UDC’s team is contributing to making a better, more sustainable planet. Please visit us at www.oled.com.
OM2 (OLED Material Manufacturing Limited) is located in Shannon, Ireland, and is a wholly owned subsidiary of its Irish parent company, UDC Ireland Limited (UDI), and, ultimately, Universal Display Corporation (UDC), a publicly- traded company headquartered in the United States (U.S.). UDC and UDI are world leaders in the development of state-of-the-art materials and technologies for use in organic light emitting diode (OLED) displays and lighting.
As a member of UDC’s Chemical Business, this position will work closely with UDC’s HQ team, UDC’s contract manufacturing partner (PPG), and other UDC subsidiaries in the development and manufacture of UDC’s OLED materials in a fast-paced, non-GMP environment. Responsibilities include technical process transfer, new process documentation, manufacturing timelines, and continuous improvement.
- Develop processes for new laboratory/manufacturing operation
- Responsible for process transfer and scale-up support and analysis.
- Promote and facilitate the improvement of production processes and operations to continually improve overall EHS, Quality and business performance and compliance.
- Responsible for documentation to ensure the consistent manufacture of products; including batch records, production instructions, validation and stability protocols.
- Responsible for documentation to ensure on time and quality delivery of products
- Provide input into product costing and identify cost improvement opportunities
- Ensure all activities comply with corporate EHS policy and safe handling procedures
- Attain full working knowledge and understanding of the plant equipment, unit operations and utility systems in order enhance its performance.
- Applies scientific principles for research programs involving product development, processing, manufacturing technology, and quality control.
- Experience with or ability to master the use of modern research tools such as EasyMax, PolyBlock, Continuous Flow Reactors, and in-situ process monitoring.
- Understand and influence a wide range of stakeholders; collaborate effectively across various cross-functional teams and business units to generate strong engagement and results
- Proactively identify and escalate risks to relevant stakeholders, and with guidance, lead development and execution of mitigation or contingency planning
- B.S.E in Chemical Engineering or equivalent with at least 5 years’ experience as described below.
- Experience in Synthetic Organic Chemistry in Fine Chemicals or APIs and their intermediates.
- Experience in Process Development, Scale-up, and Technical Process transfer of chemical products
- Knowledge of ATEX regulations
- Knowledge of process control systems
- Knowledge of HAZOP/FMEA or equivalent
- Lean manufacturing/six sigma/statistical analysis ; Six Sigma Green Belt a plus
- Problem solving and root cause analysis industry experience
- Experience with ERP system (SAP is a plus)
- Ability to work within a team environment in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Based in Shannon, Ireland
- Travel required up to 10% of time, including internationally to UDC and PPG facilities