At Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED)
(UDC), we’re changing the way people see the world.
If you’re reading this on a smartphone, there’s a good chance UDC’s materials are producing the light and color shining from your screen right now. UDC’s OLED ingredients are key parts of stunning, energy-efficient displays used in everything from smartwatches to phones, tablets, laptops, monitors, TVs and automobiles. Virtually every OLED consumer electronics product around the world uses UDC’s phosphorescent OLED materials and technologies.
UDC is a publicly traded company and pioneer in the OLED industry. When you join our global team, you are embarking on a journey at the forefront of display technology and organic electronics that impacts the daily lives of people around the world. From engineers to chemists, Ph.D. scientists, technicians, lawyers and more, our UDC team is continuously advancing our field. With a focus on energy efficiency, UDC’s team is contributing to making a better, more sustainable planet. Please visit us at www.oled.com.
As a member of UDC’s Chemical Business, this position will work closely with UDC’s HQ team, UDC’s contract manufacturing partner (PPG), and other UDC Suppliers in the development and manufacture of UDC’s OLED materials. This role will focus on project management, new product introduction, and sourcing initiatives.
- Coordinate the operational aspects of critical raw material sourcing for UDC development programs (timelines, quantity, quality)
- Coordinate day-to-day execution of UDC’s new product evaluation program (tracking deliverables)
- Understand routes of synthesis and identify cost-saving opportunities.
- Develop monitoring tools, track detailed milestones, and report accordingly to management; identifying critical path timelines and project interdependencies.
- Proactively identify and escalate risks to relevant stakeholders, and with guidance, lead development and execution of mitigation or contingency planning
- Administer product performance documentation to lead to successful outcomes
- Understand and influence a wide range of stakeholders; collaborate effectively across external customers and internal functional teams and business units to generate strong engagement and passionate advocates
- Promote collaboration and develop relationships with UDC’s supplier network
- Masters Degree in Chemistry or related field, PhD plus
- 5-7 years of applicable sourcing, or New Product Introduction experience
- Understanding of organic chemistry and routes of synthesis
- Project Management experience within applicable industry setting
- High degree of emotional intelligence
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills: oral and written
- Strong understanding of technical results to ensure accurate information is provided to all applicable parties
- Problem solving and root cause analysis
- Ability to work and adapt quickly
- Experience with ERP system (SAP is a plus)
- Plus: Six Sigma Green Belt a plus
- Based in Ewing, NJ
- Travel required up to 10% of time
Current Benefits at UDC:
- Competitive base salary and annual bonus program
- Medical/Prescription Drug coverage, Dental, and Vision for employees and family
- Transit, Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) – An employer-paid benefit to reimburse a portion of employees’ eligible out-of-pocket medical expenses, such as deductibles, coinsurance, and pharmacy expenses
- Group Term Life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability benefits for employees
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 401(k) company contribution
- Ewing Worldwide Headquarters (HQ) cafeteria provides breakfast and lunch to employees at no cost to them
- Annual charitable matching gift
- Generous Paid Time Off