At Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) (UDC), we’re changing the way people see the world.
If you’re reading this on a smartphone, there’s a good chance UDC’s materials are producing the light and color shining from your screen right now. UDC’s OLED ingredients are key parts of stunning, energy-efficient displays used in everything from smartwatches to phones, tablets, laptops, monitors, TVs and automobiles. Virtually every OLED consumer electronics product around the world uses UDC’s phosphorescent OLED materials and technologies.
UDC is a publicly traded company and pioneer in the OLED industry. When you join our global team, you are embarking on a journey at the forefront of display technology and organic electronics that impacts the daily lives of people around the world. From engineers to chemists, Ph.D. scientists, technicians, lawyers and more, our UDC team is continuously advancing our field. With a focus on energy efficiency, UDC’s team is contributing to making a better, more sustainable planet. Please visit us at www.oled.com.
Contracts Administrator & Legal Assistant
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities. As our global business continues to grow, we look to hire the Contracts Administrator & Legal Assistant to be based at our Worldwide Headquarters in Ewing, NJ While all policies are subject to change, UDC does offer hybrid working situations for specific departments and roles.
Position Summary: As an active member of the UDC legal team, the Contracts Administrator & Legal Assistant will be responsible for managing the company’s contracts and contracting process and assisting in corporate governance and securities matters. The candidate must be detail-oriented, possess a positive attitude, be a self-starter / proactive problem solver, and have a willingness to learn and grow in the role with the Company.
- Maintain and support UDC’s contract database and filing system, including tracking and coordinating contracts and contract renewals for signature through electronic approvals process.
- Prepare contract renewal amendments and contracts based on company form documents, including NDAs, vendor agreements, and consulting agreements.
- Coordinate the scheduling of UDC Board meetings, and the preparation and distribution of UDC Board meeting materials, including agendas, presentations and resolutions.
- Assist with drafting meeting minutes, consents, certificates and other corporate governance documentation; maintain board/committee minute books and other Company records.
- Assist with drafting and filing Nasdaq and SEC filings (e.g., Forms 4, 5 and 8-Ks).
- Assist with D&O questionnaire and proxy statement drafting and filing (including compensation tables), and annual stockholder meeting preparation and coordination.
- Maintain legal entity government filings, including foreign state/country qualifications, for UDC and its domestic and foreign subsidiaries, including management of Company’s third-party registered agent relationships.
- Support drafting and administration of Company’s policies and procedures including Board & Committee charters, insider trading policies, and annual compliance requirements.
- Regularly communicate with Company executives, Board members and internal and external clients.
- Participate in and assist with management of Legal Department projects and deliverables, as requested.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in one or more of the following areas: contracts administration and/or drafting or project management, corporate governance, securities.
- Associate, Bachelor’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university.
- Excellent computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint, and aptitude to learn new applications to manage contract approvals process and securities filings.
- Notary Public Commission a plus.
- Detail Oriented - Demonstrates a high degree of accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Organized - Excellent organization skills. Ability to multi-task and independently manage daily as well as longer-term projects.
- Solutions Oriented – Hard-working, with sense of urgency. Able to proactively identify and resolve problems without follow up; when appropriate, asks for and offers help.
- Professionalism – Customer service focused, with ‘ownership’ mentality. Able to interface effectively with Company’s Board members and executives, and external clients.
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information and demonstrates good judgment. Comfortable working with numbers.
- Dependability - Follows instructions and committed to working extended hours when necessary to reach goals.
- Communication skills - Excellent written (particularly e-mail) and verbal communication skills.
Benefits at UDC:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus program
- Medical/Prescription Drug coverage, Dental, and Vision for employees and family
- Transit, Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) – An employer-paid benefit to reimburse a portion of your eligible out-of-pocket medical expenses, such as deductibles, coinsurance, and pharmacy expenses
- Group Term Life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability benefits for employees
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 401(k) company contribution
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Annual charitable matching gift
*Newest Benefit* - Company provided breakfast and lunch in our new Ewing HQ cafeteria. We also have a full barista bar for coffee and tea enthusiasts. This benefit is complimentary and at no cost to our employees.