Universal Display Corporation (Nasdaq: OLED) is the world leader in the invention, research, development and commercialization of state-of-the-art organic light emitting diode (OLED) technologies and materials. Headquartered in the United States, with international offices in China, Hong Kong, Ireland, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan, Universal Display Corporation (UDC) is a key enabler in the global OLED ecosystem. We work with the largest consumer display panel manufacturers in the world and our technologies and materials can be found in virtually every commercial OLED product, from smartwatches and IT (tablets, notebooks and monitors), to smartphones and TVs, including Samsung’s Galaxy series and LG’s OLED TVs.
Since inception, Universal Display Corporation’s innovation strategy has centered on building a robust foundation of best-in-class OLED technologies. Our technical team is a multi-disciplinary team that spans from organic materials experts to innovative display designers. We perform leading-edge technology development, fabricate engineering prototypes, and engage in technology transfer with a variety of research, manufacturing and product development partners to promote the adoption of our proprietary OLED technologies and materials.
Universal Display Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for those who thrive on cutting-edge research and development and have the drive to contribute directly to the success of the company. At UDC, we know that our hardworking team of brilliant scientists, engineers and business professionals and their commitment to excellence are critical to the Company’s positive performance.
As a member of UDC’s Chemical Business, this position will work closely with UDC’s HQ team, UDC’s contract manufacturing partner (PPG), and other UDC subsidiaries in the development and manufacture of UDC’s OLED materials in a fast-paced, non-GMP environment. Responsibilities include technical process transfer, new process documentation, manufacturing timelines, and continuous improvement.
- Develop processes for new laboratory/manufacturing operations
- Responsible for process transfer and scale-up support and analysis.
- Promote and facilitate the improvement of production processes and operations to continually improve overall EHS, Quality and business performance and compliance.
- Responsible for documentation to ensure the consistent manufacture of products, including batch records, production instructions, validation and stability protocols.
- Responsible for documentation to ensure on time and quality delivery of products
- Provide input into product costing and identify cost improvement opportunities
- Ensure all activities comply with corporate EHS policy and safe handling procedures
- Attain full working knowledge and understanding of the plant equipment, unit operations and utility systems in order enhance its performance.
- Applies scientific principles for research programs involving product development, processing, manufacturing technology, and quality control.
- Experience with or ability to master the use of modern research tools such as EasyMax, PolyBlock, Continuous Flow Reactors, and in-situ process monitoring.
- Understand and influence a wide range of stakeholders; collaborate effectively across various cross-functional teams and business units to generate strong engagement and results
- Proactively identify and escalate risks to relevant stakeholders, and with guidance, lead development and execution of mitigation or contingency planning
- Additional responsibilities as required
- Bachelors in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience Experience in Synthetic Organic Chemistry in Fine Chemicals or APIs and their intermediates.
- Experience in Process Development, Scale-up, and Technical Process transfer of chemical products
- Knowledge of ATEX regulations
- Knowledge of process control systems
- Knowledge of HAZOP/FMEA or equivalent
- Lean manufacturing/six sigma/statistical analysis ; Six Sigma Green Belt a plus
- Problem solving and root cause analysis industry experience
- Experience with ERP system (SAP is a plus)
- Ability to work within a team environment in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in a timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Based in Monroeville, PA; or Ewing, NJ
- Travel required up to 10% of time, including internationally to UDC and PPG facilities
Benefits at UDC:
- Competitive base salary
- Annual bonus program
- Medical/Prescription Drug coverage, Dental, and Vision for employees and family
- Transit, Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) – An employer-paid benefit to reimburse a portion of your eligible out-of-pocket medical expenses, such as deductibles, coinsurance, and pharmacy expenses
- Group Term Life insurance, short term disability, and long term disability benefits for employees
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- 401(k) company contribution
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Annual charitable matching gift
*Newest Benefit* - Company provided breakfast and lunch in our new Ewing HQ cafeteria. We also have a full barista bar for coffee and tea enthusiasts. This benefit is complimentary and at no cost to our employees.